Drink Responsibly – Safe Drinking Tips
Here at Beer Pong UK, we’re well aware of how enjoyable a night of alcohol-fuelled fun can be. But we’re also aware of the risks – heavy drinking can quite easily lead to illness, injury, or something even worse.
When using our beer bongs or any of the drinking accessories we sell, you must always take care to drink responsibly
. Never drink more than you can handle, and always stay safe when you are under the influence of alcohol.
We’ve compiled the following list of safe drinking tips
to ensure that your fun doesn’t go wrong:
- It is recommended that men do not regularly exceed 3-4 units of alcohol per day. The recommended limit for women is 2-3 units. Additionally, it is important to have at least two alcohol-free days every week.
- Your body can process roughly one unit of alcohol per hour; use this information to calculate how long it will take you to sober up. For example, if you consume six units, that alcohol will take at least six hours to leave your body.
- Never drink and drive. Call a taxi instead, especially if you are too drunk to walk home.
- You should not consume alcohol if you are pregnant or currently trying to conceive.
- Do not attempt to cook if you are drunk.
- Know your limit. If you feel that you are getting too drunk, stop for a while and have some water.
As you are probably already aware, excessive drinking can significantly increase your chances of contracting diseases of the heart and liver. When drinking with our beer bongs, we recommend using beer with a low percentage to avoid getting too drunk too quickly.
Don’t ever use spirits such as vodka or whiskey – the alcohol content of these drinks is far higher than that of beer. There’s a reason why they’re not called vodka bongs!
For more information about responsible drinking, visit drinkaware.co.uk. Remember to follow our safe drinking tips, and DON’T drink more than you can handle!