The philosophy of many drinking games may be 'the more the merrier', but this doesn't mean that your more intimate gatherings can't be just as fun! Next time you and your other half are sharing a drink, why not have a go at one of these fun drinking games designed for two?
This game offers simple, lighthearted fun for couples who've just settled down to enjoy a refreshing beer (or another bottled beverage of your choice). Sit facing your partner, with enough distance between you to offer a challenge.
- Decant your drinks into a cup, and save the bottle caps.
- Place the cups either in front of you or at your side, and take turns at aiming to throw your bottle cap into the other person's cup.
- Each time the cap lands successfully, the person must remove it and take a drink.
- To add variety, create additional rules for missing, or for each shot in scored in succession (e.g. two shots in a row = two sips on the second successful shot, three sips for three, and so on...)
NOTE: Please be careful when playing this game! Don't turn your night of romance into a night in A&E by swallowing the cap...
Variations of this game are a simple but often hilarious way to make watching your favourite films and TV shows even more fun! For this you can use a set of existing rules or even create your own, just make sure you have the list in front of you while watching, to make sure you remember how many drinks to take, and when!
The rules are simple, drink when:
- A specific word/phrase/subject is mentioned
- A specific action is taken/portrayed
- A certain character appears on screen
- Certain cinematic effects/themes are used (e.g. the movie theme music plays, bad CGI is used, the camera pans suddenly)
Looking for ideas? Check out our Top 5 TV Drinking Games and Top 5 Movie Drinking Games!
Want to spice up you drinking game while also adding in some humour? Strip Pong is thee perfect way to do just that! Inspired by everyone's favourite American drinking game, this version adds a sexy twist to your traditional game. This version comes with a spinner that has a choice of instructions, depending on where the arrow lands! Every time your partner manages to successfully land the ball in your drink, you must spin the spinner to decide you fate!
The instructions are:
- Strip Teaser
- Double Down
- Switch Sides
- Party Pooper
- Doggy Style
- No Touching
- Risky Business
- Pole Dance
The game comes with 14 beer pong cups, 2 balls, a strip spinner and instructions on how to play. Buy it for only £8.25 here!
Alphabet Memory Game
This is another game that can be altered by making your own rules or setting a unique theme. Simply tell a story or create a list, alternating between both players for each new letter of the alphabet!
- Start by setting the scene! Either use an introductory sentence (I went to the shop to by a ____) or set a theme, such as films/food/songs for example, the more specific you are, the harder it will be.
- This can be played as a memory game, a knowledge game or both! If it's simply a knowledge game, you will alternate between each person for every letter. If it's a memory game, the players must also remember their previous answers as well as those of the other player, adding a new word/title to the list on each turn.
- Everyone someone makes a mistake (e.g. they forget the list or can't think of an answer), they must take a drink!
Looking for more drinking games that you can play with your partner? Check out our full selection of beer pong sets and accessories here!
Other Drinking Games
We’re sure there has been a moment in your life when you and your partner have longed to do more than just sip wine and eat cheese like civilised adults. Before this moment, you may have also thought drinking games were purely to be played with a large group of friends - but you would be mistaken! There are actually multiple fun drinking games for couples and so, we’ve put together a list of our favourites and broken down how you can play each one.
Here’s a few you can play with just you and your loved one:
Snapshot is an ideal drinking game for couples as the traditional version (snap) is played with just two players. Snapshot is the all-grown-up version of snap, with the welcomed addition of alcohol! We’re sure you can probably guess how this is played, but here are the rules for your reference:
- Split the deck between you and your love with the cards facing down.
- Taking it in turns, each player should take a card from their set ensuring that neither player can see the card until it is on top of the pack. At the last moment, the card must then be turned over.
- When two cards of the same value are displayed the first person to shout ‘snap!’ and place their hand on top of the pack wins all the cards on the table. With this adult edition, the loser of each round must take a shot.
- When an incorrect snap is made, that person must take a shot too. Try to keep your nerve!
- At the end of the game, the loser of the entire game must take two shots and remove an article of clothing. (Sounds interesting now, huh?)
For this less alarming take on a truly terrifying game, no revolvers are needed – just a rather large shot of vodka. This is another great drinking game for couples because the intensity is at its highest when the chances of receiving the shot are 50/50.
Here’s how you play:
- Fill as many shot glasses as you like with water (or a similarly clear liquid) and one with vodka.
- Take it in turns to shuffle the glasses while the other player closes their eyes. This is to ensure there is not even a whiff of cheating.
- Each player then takes it in turns to drink the shot in front of them, moving the shots one place to the left after they have taken their turn.
- When the unfortunate souls gets the shot, they also have to perform a dare – doubly cruel, we know.
Fast Questions Drinking Game
The Fast Questions drinking game can be hilarious when played as a couple, as you both know exactly how to push each other’s buttons. If you’re playing with shots, we would recommend laying a few out in front of you before starting the game as we’re sure you’ll be drinking quite a few!
How to play:
- Each player must take it in turns to be the question master and must ask the other player yes or no questions.
- The half of the couple who is answering the questions HAS to answer within 2 to 4 seconds with a yes or no.
- If there is a hesitation or anything other than yes or no is said, then the player has to take a shot.
- Any laughing or hesitation constitutes taking a shot too.
- If a question is repeated the questioner must take a drink instead. It has to be fair!
Flip, Sip or Strip
The stripping aspect of this game is what makes it one of the best drinking game for couples. Who else would you want to get drunk and partially naked with? This game is super easy and fun to play too, making it a definite contender for any intimate night in.
How to play:
- Flip a coin and have your partner guess the result.
- If they guess correctly on their first go it is their turn to flip.
- If they do not guess correctly, you should keep flipping the coin until they get it right, or until the coin has been flipped a maximum of three times
- If they get it right on the second try, they must answer any question you have. (This can be any burning or embarrassing question you’ve been dying to ask)
- If your partner gets it right on the third attempt, they must take a shot.
- If they get it wrong three times, they must take a shot and remove an article of clothing making the game all the more interesting!
We hope some of these games take your fancy and you and your partner have an intimate (and competitive) night in. It goes without saying, but make sure you drink responsibly and don’t let your partner lose too many times!
Other Drinking Games