We’re sure there has been a moment in your life when you and your partner have longed to do more than just sip wine and eat cheese like civilised adults. Before this moment, you may have also thought drinking games were purely to be played with a large group of friends - but you would be mistaken! There are actually multiple fun drinking games for couples and so, we’ve put together a list of our favourites and broken down how you can play each one.
Here’s a few you can play with just you and your loved one:
Snapshot is an ideal drinking game for couples as the traditional version (snap) is played with just two players. Snapshot is the all-grown-up version of snap, with the welcomed addition of alcohol! We’re sure you can probably guess how this is played, but here are the rules for your reference:
- Split the deck between you and your love with the cards facing down.
- Taking it in turns, each player should take a card from their set ensuring that neither player can see the card until it is on top of the pack. At the last moment, the card must then be turned over.
- When two cards of the same value are displayed the first person to shout ‘snap!’ and place their hand on top of the pack wins all the cards on the table. With this adult edition, the loser of each round must take a shot.
- When an incorrect snap is made, that person must take a shot too. Try to keep your nerve!
- At the end of the game, the loser of the entire game must take two shots and remove an article of clothing. (Sounds interesting now, huh?)
For this less alarming take on a truly terrifying game, no revolvers are needed – just a rather large shot of vodka. This is another great drinking game for couples because the intensity is at its highest when the chances of receiving the shot are 50/50.
Here’s how you play:
- Fill as many shot glasses as you like with water (or a similarly clear liquid) and one with vodka.
- Take it in turns to shuffle the glasses while the other player closes their eyes. This is to ensure there is not even a whiff of cheating.
- Each player then takes it in turns to drink the shot in front of them, moving the shots one place to the left after they have taken their turn.
- When the unfortunate souls gets the shot, they also have to perform a dare – doubly cruel, we know.
Fast Questions Drinking Game
The Fast Questions drinking game can be hilarious when played as a couple, as you both know exactly how to push each other’s buttons. If you’re playing with shots, we would recommend laying a few out in front of you before starting the game as we’re sure you’ll be drinking quite a few!
How to play:
- Each player must take it in turns to be the question master and must ask the other player yes or no questions.
- The half of the couple who is answering the questions HAS to answer within 2 to 4 seconds with a yes or no.
- If there is a hesitation or anything other than yes or no is said, then the player has to take a shot.
- Any laughing or hesitation constitutes taking a shot too.
- If a question is repeated the questioner must take a drink instead. It has to be fair!
Flip, Sip or Strip
The stripping aspect of this game is what makes it one of the best drinking game for couples. Who else would you want to get drunk and partially naked with? This game is super easy and fun to play too, making it a definite contender for any intimate night in.
How to play:
- Flip a coin and have your partner guess the result.
- If they guess correctly on their first go it is their turn to flip.
- If they do not guess correctly, you should keep flipping the coin until they get it right, or until the coin has been flipped a maximum of three times
- If they get it right on the second try, they must answer any question you have. (This can be any burning or embarrassing question you’ve been dying to ask)
- If your partner gets it right on the third attempt, they must take a shot.
- If they get it wrong three times, they must take a shot and remove an article of clothing making the game all the more interesting!
We hope some of these games take your fancy and you and your partner have an intimate (and competitive) night in. It goes without saying, but make sure you drink responsibly and don’t let your partner lose too many times!
Other Drinking Games